September 15, 2020
In this episode, JMac and Jess finish the mini-series on streamlining code within your Laravel applications by reviewing some of the new features in Laravel 8 which help you write less complex, more readable code.
- Laravel 8 Release Notes
- Vimconf 2020
- Can I upgrade Laravel yet?
- Automated Laravel 8 compatibility PR
- Handling exceptions in Laravel 8
- Tidy up your tests with class based model factories
- Laravel 8 model factory class
- Mapping models with
- Namespace Models Shift
- Queuing closures
- Job retry exponential backoffs